Saturday, June 23, 2012

table rock.

I was blessed with a lifelong partner-in-crime who enjoys trying new things and creating memories that won't easily be forgotten, just like me. One of the things I love most about our always-an-adventure relationship is just that: it's always an adventure. This one, in particular, is something that we hope to make a habit. Our current goal is to hike a new trail for each new month, and I couldn't be more excited about it. The more to-dos we have crossed through on our bucket list by the end of our life together, the more we traveled and saw of this beautiful planet we get to call home. It may not be possible to see it all, but we're going to give it our best shot.

Today's adventure even had a splash of memory lane mixed in with it, since I, along with Melly and our best childhood friends, was once a frequent visitor to the swimming hole. Table Rock Trail is no joke, but we made it up to the top and back down in four hours. All those professionals out there may chuckle at that time, but I was pretty proud of us considering we (mostly I) wanted to die for the entire first half of it. I can't think of a time I've ever been more thankful to survive walking 7.2 miles, and I can promise you that I will never underestimate the description "strenuous" ever again.

My favorite part of today? Well, I've got two. The first would be the opportunity to be overwhelmed with the beauty of God's creation, which has been and will always be my preferred place to be. The second is also God's creation, only this time in human form. I just really love me some TJ Bargeron, that's all. :)


"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable."
-Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...