Monday, May 20, 2013

craven gap.

A couple months ago, Lauren and I planned a weekend getaway in Asheville, North Carolina. It was just the two of us, which was something that hasn't happened in a very long time, and it was, also, awesome! I was reminded, yet again, of the faithfulness and favor of the Lord to grant me such a special friendship.

Our only-girls-allowed trip began with a hike through Craven Gap, right on the outskirts of town in Asheville. It was a rainy day with lots of fog, so we couldn't see the mountains as we climbed, but it was the most beautiful sound to walk through the trees and hear all the raindrops fall on the leaves. We talked the entire time, which totally isn't surprising, and simply enjoyed each other's company, something that neither of us have been blessed with in quite a while. We were also twins, from our ball caps and Nike shorts to our Chacos and green water bottles. Great minds do think alike, I suppose!

Creation and best friends are two of my favorite blessings from the Lord, and this was another incredible afternoon to add to my list of things that make my heart swell. Our Laur Laur + Nanna time was perfect in so many ways, and it was so great to begin our adventures in this Forks-esque scene.


I climb mountains not so the world can see me, but so I can see the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...