Thursday, December 31, 2015

a very bungalow Christmas.

Christmas morning didn't look like we thought it would (story of our lives), but that didn't stop us from praising + celebrating. There are four things that I spent most of this day reflecting on: 1) God wants His children to glorify Him when, by the world's standards, there is seemingly no reason to praise at all, not just when there is an abundance of reasons, 2) life is a miracle, and I am so unbelievably thankful that God chose to let me celebrate Emmanuel's coming with my people on this side of eternity for another year, 3) the spirit of Christmas, the everlasting presence of God being with us, should last all year long, and 4) every day that I get to spend with this precious family of mine is the best gift.

Our fourth Christmas at the bungalow was sweeter than all the others despite the disruption of tradition, and we were able to give thanks for life on several new levels. Y'all, God is good even when the circumstances aren't. His plans are exponentially better than any of mine, and I pray that I will never hold on to mine so tightly that I miss out on the blessings of vulnerability and flexibility that come with trusting Him.

It was also a count-our-blessings day, because we had one more person enjoying it with us. Braxton loved ripping into his presents and playing with them all, and TJ + I were floating on the clouds as we watched him grin, bang, crawl, hoot + holler, and enjoy the mess around him. Our baby seemed to think that this Christmas was the best one yet, and I absolutely agree with him. As a new mama, seeing my sweet little boy experience my favorite day of the year for the very first time was so, so thrilling. He and his daddy are the greatest gifts I've ever received, and I love sharing these special moments with them.
2011 || 2012 || 2013 || 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...