Monday, August 14, 2017

living room | home sweet bargeron.

It has been a little over eight months since we moved into the house that we now call home. As any other homeowner knows, it takes a while to make it look and feel just the way you want it to, and that has definitely been our story. I've had grand visions for each room since the first time we stepped foot on its timeless hardwoods, but there are several things involved in turning visions into reality, mainly resources and time. Because of these two things, we've had to be patient as we work towards getting everything exactly like we want it.

Our last house (the precious bungalow) was decorated mostly with decorations we used at our wedding with a few hand-me-downs thrown into the mix. The walls, also, had warm tones, which gave the whole house a warmer feel.

This time around, however, my vision was to have a bright, clean look with a bit of warmth still in the mix. So far, I've been so pleased with how things have come together, in spite of buying and returning items like it's my job. It's crazy how things can look like a perfect match in the store, only to bring it home and find that it doesn't quite look how you thought it would. Whew!

Today, I am proud to share with you our nearly finished living room! I have a vision for the wall above our small couch, but more waiting is required before it comes to life how I want it to. Other than that and still trying to decide if I like how the mantle is decorated, our living room is complete! Traces of teal and yellow/gold are all over the main living area (living room, dining room, and kitchen), and I love how those colors look with the white and grey found throughout.

Before:
After:
The wall behind our large couch:
And I just had to share the precious door hanger that my sweet friend, Brooke, painted for us. Seriously, how cute is this?! My goal is to eventually have a different door holder for each season, and change them out accordingly. There is just something so cute about a spruced up door!
That's all for now! I can't wait to show you more rooms in the coming weeks. Sharing how we're making this house a home has been so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...