Thursday, June 27, 2013

table rock | year two.

It's been one year since Teesh and I made our commitment to hike a new trail each month. We achieved our goal, sometimes hiking twice or three times a month, and we were blessed with some beautiful sights along the way. Every season was different from the last, giving us unique scenes every time we hit the trails. I wouldn't trade this year for anything, and I'm already looking forward to our next three-hundred-and-sixty-five days of explorations and wanderings.

In honor of our adventure-versary, we went back to the place where our tradition began: the Table Rock Trail at Table Rock State Park. We didn't feel like dying near as much this go around, and we beat our overall time by a little more than half an hour. We conquered the three-point-five mile uphill trek in just under two hours, which made us jump up and down even in our exhaustion.

As crazy as it may sound, I can't wait to come back to this stunning place next year and the next and every year for the rest of our (able-bodied) lives. I love my husband and all of the happy memories we make with every step we take. Year two, we're ready for you!


"Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen."
-Benjamin Disraeli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...