Wednesday, January 12, 2022

braxton bargeron | seven years old.

Our boy is SEVEN years old today!

He is mild and strong, with a heart for people and adventure and following rules and keeping things in order and questioning everything. He thinks of things I don’t, and his little mind is already light years beyond mine in retention. He would live off of fruit if I’d let him, and his favorite meal is my special chili beans recipe. He loves to play and talk about baseball, golf, and football, and one day he may very well be a sports trivia champ. He thrives in social settings with friends and family he trusts, and he gravitates towards people who might otherwise not have anyone to hang out with. He is a million wonderful things, and he is part-owner of my heart.


Today, as I reflect on all that these seven years have held, I feel all kinds of conflicting emotions at once. Thanks to him, I became a mother, and I am quite confident that he has taught me much more than I’ve taught him. One of my favorite parts of being his mama is our nightly bedtime “nuggles,” and I hope these quiet moments we spend together helps him always know that I am with him and for him and present in his presence.


Happy birthday to my angel boy, Braxton Michael!



No words could ever truly the paint the picture of how amazing he really is. But I’ll never stop trying to help the world see him for who he is — because he genuinely is the best, and I love him with my whole heart.

Highlights from year seven:

-He was baptized on July 4th, 2021 surrounded
by family and friends (praise God!)
-His second basketball season
-His first trip to the Georgia Aquarium
-Spring Break at the beach (woot!)
-His third t-ball season
-His first season as bat boy for the RGS baseball team
(under Coach Daddy's leadership)
-Lots of hikes and pool days
-His first trek up Table Rock on his own two feet
-His second trip to St. Augustine, FL
(first time at the beach there)
-A week with Mimi and Pops while TJ and I
celebrated our 10th anniversary in FL
-His first season of golf (and won the championship!)
-He started 1st grade (with the best teacher)
-His first NFL game (Go Panthers!)
-8 miles on the Swamp Rabbit Trail on his bike
-His 4th camping trip
-His first Clemson game (a win vs. Wake Forest)
-A wonderful Christmas season
-A trip to Gatlinburg and Dollywood to end 2021 the best way

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...