Friday, September 9, 2011

eighth.


This was Teesh and I in June of 2003, during our last day of eighth grade. I had no idea when we took this picture together that it would be my most favorite possession for the rest of our lives. I know we've come so far since we first met, but little things like this just add so much character to our little story.

I remember walking out of my last class of the day and standing beside the lockers you see behind us, because he had written me a note earlier in the day asking me to meet him. He was always a shy little fella, and he took his timidness to a whole new level when word got out that he had a crush on me, so when hand-delivered yet another note to me (the sixth note he'd ever written me, by the way), I didn't care why he wanted to meet me. All I knew was that I needed to have my little disposable camera ready so I could have a keepsake to tuck under my pillow all summer long.

The summer flew by, of course, and we got to spend a couple days together. One of those days, in particular, just so happened to be the first time we kissed. July 16th, 2003, which was exactly eight years before we shared our first kiss as husband and wife.

I love our story. And I also love that today, September 9, 2011, marks the eighth year since he ran after me in the hallway after school on a Tuesday afternoon and asked me to be his girlfriend. 

I'm the luckiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...