Monday, March 31, 2014

birthdays at the bungalow.

Last Thursday was my little brother, Dustin's twenty-first birthday, and we celebrated his + the other two March birthdays (Freeman + me) with the whole family. It's a rare treat to get us all together, and I eagerly waited for this night to come for weeks. It was, also, a treat for it to be a warm, sunny day in the midst of all the cold rain that had consumed the weather for the past few days before.

We ate dinner + opened presents + dug into some cake + enjoyed the company of family for several hours. At the end of the night, we even enjoyed a fire out back. It was so much fun to chat + laugh + hang out together, something that I regularly pray would happen more often. The times when all of us get to together make my heart so, so thankful, and I'm already looking forward to the next gathering, hoping that it's sooner rather than later. Self-timer, also, makes me thankful, because it enables us to capture the whole crew on film. :)


The end of March may be upon us, but that just means we've got another whole month ahead of us to try to love each other more these next thirty days than we did during the previous thirty-one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...