Friday, May 9, 2014

y'all ready for this?

In Mrs. Patterson's seventh grade math class at Bryson Middle School, I sat behind a tall boy with blonde hair + blue eyes + the most handsome grin. It's the only math class I've ever truly enjoyed, and he played a major role in that, especially that day I was passed a note that read, "Will you go out with me?" with two boxes that read "yes" and "no." I bring up this memory because, starting next school year, Mrs. Patterson will no longer be my favorite seventh grade math teacher. Remember that handsome grin I mentioned? Well, the same boy who still wears it today is now my husband, and he'll be teaching math to a group of seventh grade boys + girls at Bryson Middle School come August.

There are no words to describe the excitement + pride + thankfulness that are all swirling around inside of me! Only six months ago, we were celebrating his first job as a real teacher, and now we're celebrating another achievement + blessing from our generous God. Moms + dads in Simpsonville + Fountain Inn + neighboring communities, I can assure you that if your kiddos are assigned to go to BMS, you'll want them to get Mr. Bargeron for math. There's no one else like him in the whole, wide world!


"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."
-William A. Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...