Tuesday, November 24, 2015

#didweloseakidsomewhere

Our tribe gets together every other Sunday, but this one was extra special because we celebrated Turkey Day with extra grub on our plates! These people are the biggest blessing, and it really is quite overwhelming when I think about how God pours out so much goodness on us all as we continue to grow alongside of each other. Over this past year, we have cried together, laughed together, experienced both tragedy + triumph together, supported each other, ate loooots of good food next to each other, and simply walked through life together, shoulder-to-shoulder. As our group grows, our hearts grow, too, and I constantly find myself thanking God for ordaining these friendships so perfectly. What's better than friends who become family? I can't think of much else.

Each of these faces tell stories of God's sustaining faithfulness in unique ways. These people wear faces of hope. Faces of joy. Faces of transparency. Faces of enduring love. They are reminders of God's sovereignty, compassion, grace, and forgiveness. None of us are perfect (and we would ALL fess up to that without hesitation), but our shared "You too?"s and "I hear ya"s are the kind of encouragement that help keep us headed in the right direction - especially after we are trying to get back after taking a self-prescribed detour. A family on mission, that's what we are to each other. And I wouldn't trade it away for anything.
These people are my people, and MAN do I love my people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...