Saturday, September 16, 2017

lake conestee nature park | hike it baby.

We hiked through one of our local favorite parks Thursday, and it was one of the best days we've ever had on the trails. We joined our Hike it Baby family, and so did nearly FIFTY other mamas and babes! I don't know for sure, but I don't think we've ever had such a great turnout. So exciting!

Braxton became instant buds with a little dude who was only eight days younger than him, and they were just too cute. Seriously! They stayed close to each other the whole time, and they held hands off and on. When we got in the car to go grab some lunch, Braxton said, "Mommy, when am I going to see my friend again? You know, Ezra?" I was giggling with joy as he chatted to me about his new little buddy.

He wore his brand new Carolina Panthers hat the whole time (side note: he still hasn't taken it off), and he was so proud that his shirt said "hiker" on it. He's so big and independent, and I love it so much. Yes, it's equally as heartbreaking to watch him grow up, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. I am enthralled with seeing his little personality come to life, and I pray that he never gets tired of hanging out in the woods. I, also, pray that he would always be known for his kindness, just like he is right now.

We sure are grateful for the friendships we've made since joining in on our first hike nearly two years ago. I hoped it would be a great community for us to be a part of, but it's become even more -- these people are family now. Even Braxton knows that to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...