Wednesday, September 20, 2017

rainbow falls | hike it baby.

Monday was a day I'll never forget. It was my fifth trek up to Rainbow Falls, and it was Braxton's third. We are in the middle of a Hike It Baby 30 Challenge, so I added this hike to the Greenville branch's calendar to help boost our miles mid-way through. Only two of us braved the big climb, and we even carpooled to Jones Gap since we live so close to each other. I've said it a million times and I'll say it again: this group is about so much more than hiking, which is a huge reason I love it so much!

We made it to the waterfall after stopping once to break (not enough breakfast always translates to a light-headed me), and enjoyed some lunch as we enjoyed the view. The boys ran around, climbed fallen trees, and threw rocks into the water, and we surrounded the perimeter to make sure no one took a tumble (#motherhood).

Typically, this would be where the story continued with us heading back down the mountain. This time, however, our thirst for adventure took us in another direction. More on that tomorrow. For now, I'm giddy to share what the first half of our day looked like.

Like I said earlier, a day I'll never forget.
One final thought -- how beautiful are the leaves when fall is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...