Saturday, November 11, 2017

naley | round two.

It had been nearly four years since I visited my favorite spot in all the world, and my college roomie's wedding gave us the perfect opportunity to go back for the weekend. After a stunning Friday evening watching Mallory walk down the aisle to meet her man and celebrating the night away, TJ and I extended our stay through Sunday to have some time together, just the two of us.

Today marks one week since we had breakfast and coffee at Port City Java, lunch at the Dixie Grill, ice cream at Kilwin's, dinner at Front Street Brewery, and dessert at The Fortunate Glass. We got to pop in at the weekly market that morning, and we walked until our feet nearly fell off. I even did a little Christmas shopping at a few of my favorite shops!

Our room overlooked the river with a gorgeous view of the bridge and Front Street, and I dare say that this won't be the only time we stay in this particular spot. We felt so fancy to have a waterfront balcony! This was our second trip to Wilmy together, and I sincerely hope it won't be another five years before we tarry here again, hand in hand. It was so refreshing, as always, to be intentional about our time together. I'd let my Teesh whisk me away at any moment, because in my heart, we're still those goo-goo-eyed babies who are crushing so hard on each other. I'm so thankful to share so many of life's most precious moments alongside of him, including these few days. Every minute I spend with him is such a gift -- and it's always will be.

Before we left on Sunday, we enjoyed a long-anticipated brunch at The George and stopped by a beloved One Tree Hill location before hitting the road. My HPB left our mark on that iconic bridge before life took us all in separate directions, and I just had to stop by to see if it was still there. And it was! Our legacy lives on -- just like our friendship.

Oh, oh, it's magic. This city. These scenes. Mmm, they'll never get old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...