Wednesday, January 17, 2018

bethany victoria | two months.

Girlfriend, what a month it has been! We're still adjusting to this new life as a family of four, but even on our toughest, most exhausting days, I wouldn't trade our chaos for anything. You're fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally starting to sleep, and I feel much less like a zombie because of it. The first six weeks of your life were a whirlwind of sleepless days AND nights, trying to get you to take your bottle, and wrangling your big (WILD) brother. Whew! I caught myself wishing those days away more times than I want to admit, but I always refocused before spiraling out of control -- you are a GIFT, and a gift as precious as you deserves the world. You have exposed our weaknesses and our idols, and you've multiplied our joy and our hearts. I look back on how tough those first weeks were, and somehow they never seemed to be so tough when I looked at your precious, perfect face.
-----
You passed several milestones this month, and we've been so proud of you! Last month on the seventeenth, you rolled over from your tummy to back for the first time. We couldn't believe it! Since then, you've rolled over at least once every time we've done tummy time. You beat your big brother by two months on this one -- amazing! You're, also, getting really good at holding your head up for short bursts of time. You give me a good head butt several times a day, little one! I pray you'll always be strong and determined to try new things -- you're our little fighter.
-----
You've been sleeping in your crib for two days now, big girl! You've done so good transitioning so far, and the move has proved to be beneficial for all of us. You've only woken up once (ONCE!) both nights you've slept there, which is pretty much a miracle compared to how sporadic your sleep has been since we brought you home. I slept all night the first night, and then I traded with your daddy last night to let him sleep. I felt like a new woman, and I smooched you constantly to give a proper "thank you" when you woke up. You have fought the schedule we've been pushing since we started it, but now that's it's finally paying off I'm so glad we didn't give up. Praise hands!
-----
You've officially been in cloth diapers for three weeks, and we are LOVING it. Seriously! Most of our community thought I was crazy when I told them that we were doing cloth this time around, but we didn't mind. Your tiny little booty is so fluffy and colorful in your diapers -- it's the cutest thing! We've been on a mission to be more "green" for about a year, and cloth diapers were the next step. Now that we're in a rhythm with them, we can't believe we ever used anything else!
-----
You finally started to give us real smiles about two weeks ago, and they are HEAVENLY! Oh, your sweet grin makes my heart just melt. Daddy and Braxton get googly eyes when you smile at them, too. We are all just smitten with you! Braxton still calls you "precious" dozens of times a day, always stops to give you "smooches" even when he's in the middle of playing, and he loves for you to lay in the bed with him at night when we read and pray together -- it never fails, he always pouts when you have to leave so he can go to sleep. It makes my mama heart so full when you two interact, because some of the best gifts I've ever received are my siblings. One day, you'll both know exactly what I mean.
-----
Keep growing big, sweet girl. We love you more than we can put into mere words, and we're so grateful for how God saw fit to make you our daughter. These two months have flown by, and I'm going to snuggle you as much as possible for as long as possible. We've got big plans for the next month, too, so lots of  adventure and exploring is on the agenda. I hope you're as excited as we are for your third month of life to begin!
-----
I hope you'll always love me like you do right now, baby girl. Happy two months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...