Monday, March 27, 2023

day trip to key west // 2023.

 This day was a doozy for all the right reasons, because we road-tripped from Miami to…


K E Y  W E S T!



This was somewhere I hoped we’d see one day, and it was even more special to have our kiddos in town with us. We got up early, rented a car, and drove down & back in a day. If we were home, we probably would’ve done this for an SC beach — so we were definitely game to make this trip! This wasn’t on our (loose) itinerary from the start, but I got a wild hair a couple of weeks ago. I make most of my decisions by asking myself what I’d regret more, and when my answer was not driving to Key West for the day I knew we had to do it.


So, we did it.


In a bright red convertible Mustang, to be exact.


And it was INCREDIBLE. Absolutely incredible!



Our day looked like:

-an early alarm & hotel breakfast

-an Uber to MIA

-picking up our cool car (scroll to the end to see what we picked)

-swooning over all the water colors

-Blue Heaven for lunch

-strolling Duval Street

-visiting the southernmost point of the continental US

-Higgs Beach

-enjoying a strong Cuban coffee

-Garbo’s Grill / Hank’s for dinner & drinks & live music

-Mallory Square for snow cones, street performers, and a sunset

-admiring The Little White House & The Hemingway House & the lighthouse at dusk

-passing by the OG Better Than Sex just so we could say we did

-over 7 miles walked (in my new Croc platforms that are fabulous, by the way)

-a (not so) quiet drive back to Miami in the dark

-crashing hard & sleeping in the next morning


We did all we set out to do and more, and we returned with full hearts. I think my favorite part of the whole day was the drive down, and I definitely want to buy a house in Islamorada now. So many dreams, so little time.


If pictures alone told the story, this would be it...


What a day! What a memory! What a life!


See the rest of our Miami trip here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...