Wednesday, May 17, 2023

litchfield beach, sc // mother's day weekend.

 A few months ago, a dear friend reached out with a generous and unexpected offer from a family member: a weekend at their beach condo in Litchfield as a reprieve. I was floored by the kindness of my friend and her aunt, who was a stranger to me/us. When this weekend was scheduled, I didn't register that it was Mother's Day weekend right away; you can imagine my glee when I realized it.

The condo was off the beach, overlooking the most serene lake. It was quiet, it was timely, and it was perfect. I pray God grants me the chance to provide weekends like this to people one day.

I cried all day on Thursday, the day before we were scheduled to leave. It was not a pretty cry with gentle tears, but sobs and screams. So, TJ took the day off on Friday as a result, we kept B home from school, and we jetted off earlier than anticipated. We ran to the ocean when we got there.


The weight fell off as we rolled the windows down and breathed in the salty air.


We spent most of the weekend where we love the most: down by the water. We ate sandwich lunches, and got to dine at our two favorite spots for dinner while there: Bubba's Fish Shack in Surfside and Hot Fish Club in Murrell's Inlet. We, also, ate yummy ice cream both nights after dinner; the first night being a generous gift from our wonderful hosts. There was, also, a donut place nearby that we tried and love: Parlor Donuts. Delicious!

All I asked for for Mother's Day was a sunrise together, and that's what we woke up to on Sunday morning.

The clouds blocked out view of the sun rising from the ocean, but the sky told the story: a new day has begun. It was a good reminder for me in this season: sometimes you see it to believe it, and sometimes you believe it because everything else confirms it.

The beach always calls for us, and I pray we also answer as often as we are able.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...