Friday, July 30, 2010

be encouraged, as I am encouraged.

Today has been incredible. I woke up, took a shower, got ready for the day, left for work, chatted with Teesh during my drive, and then sat outside of the office until 7:55 a.m. (like always) to finish up my conversation with him. When I got off the phone, I got a message from an old friend that I hadn’t talked to in a few months. His. Words. Blew. Me. Away. I was reminded of the importance of always being a light for Christ. They say you never know who will be watching you, and that has never been truer than it is right now. I had no idea that this friend was going to speak these words to me, much less be positively affected by the way I live my life. Humbling? Oh my goodness, YES. I totally didn’t deserve his kind, uplifting words first thing this morning, but boy am I glad I got them. Once again, I was blown away by grace and reminded that my life is not my own.

Side note: did I mention how encouraged I’ve been, in the past 24 hours? I got two postcards in the mail yesterday: one from Emilie Carol and another from Camo. Caitlin made me cry with the beautiful words she wrote about me in her blog. And Michal sent me the sweetest text message, just to let me know she was thinking about me. The coolest part about all of these things? They all happened within five minutes of each other. I would seriously be dancin’ around the room with excitement when I would get hit with another dose of encouragement. I honestly don’t know what I did to get such wonderful and irreplaceable friends, because there is no way that I deserve a single one of them.

Okay, so back to today. After I was already filled with so much joy because of that message, I walked into work to my usual atmosphere: a “HEY ANNA!” from Anne, Jen, and Will all at the same time. Even if I were to have a bad day, that welcome would be more than enough to turn it all around. We did a little office work, had a few meetings, I found out some goooooooooood news about OTH (yay!), and then it was time for my final evaluation. I don’t know if you remember my thoughts about my mid-session evaluation six weeks ago, but I sure do. I left that meeting feeling like I was on top of the world. Like I could single-handedly change the world (which I still intend to do, by the way). Today’s evaluation? Even better. Yeah, go ahead and try to wrap your mind around all the awesomeness. It can’t be done. Not only did Anne and Jen tell me that I was one of the best interns they’ve ever had, but they told me something even more incredible than that: that Jesus’ light shined through every move they have ever seen me make. And then, as if the first part wasn’t enough, they prayed over me. It wasn’t just a “Please watch over Anna” prayer; it was a deep, meaningful, reach-up-to-heaven-and-pull-down-his-power prayer that ended with me having mascara all over my face and a Philippians 4:7 peace in my heart. I can’t even begin to describe how that prayer made me felt. I could literally feel the Holy Spirit filling me. So intense.

See what I mean? This day reached an all new level of awesome. My God is powerful. And he always shows up, wherever we may be, to share that power with us. The first time I tasted his goodness, I knew I’d never be able to settle for anything less. That truth becomes greater and greater every time I get a glimpse of him. Is there such a thing as being a glutton of God? If so, I am definitely guilty.

I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being. May my meditation be pleasing to him, for I rejoice in the Lord.” -Psalm 104:33-34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...