Sunday, January 1, 2012

and overflowing with thankfulness.

happy new year, y'all!

Teesh and I decided about a week ago that we wanted to spend every waking moment of twenty-twelve consumed and overflowing with thankfulness. We also thought it would be cool to look back on our first full year of marriage and be able to put our finger on the things we were most thankful for. Solution? Our very own, handmade book to write and scribble and draw the things we loved most about each day in this new year. If I said I wasn't excited out of my mind, I'd totally be lying to you! It was SO much fun sitting in front of my husband, watching him diligently working on something that he knew means a whole lot to me. I hope this turns into an annual tradition, and that we get to fill our books with more and more with each passing year.

We are anxiously awaiting all of the wonderful things that we are confident the Lord will make happen over these next three hundred and sixty-five days, not to mention how we get an extra day to be thankful this go'round. Sidenote: leap years are my favorite!

I believe a little thankfulness can change the way you look at the whole world. It keeps you humble, too. 

Let's all try to be a little more thankful this year. Whatta ya say? :)





"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."
-Colossians 2:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...