Tuesday, January 31, 2012

farewell, January.

I can hardly believe that today is the last day of the first month of the new year! I may sound like a grandma (and rightfully so) when I say this, but my, my, how time flies. I feel like it was just yesterday we were celebrating the first few seconds of twenty-twelve, and now it's already time to bid January adieu.

My January was definitely an incredible kick-start to what I'm certain will be my most memorable year yet. I spent hours making a keepsake book that I'll be able to look back at for years and years (which, hopefully, became a new tradition for my husband and me), shot my first 9 mm at the shooting range, honored a hometown hero, celebrated Capstone's third birthday (I reeeeeeeeally love my church), saw my most favorite movie in the whole world in theaters (aaaand in 3D, might I add), made new friends, made new memories with old ones, celebrated daddy turning forty-seven and Emilie Carol turning twenty-three and Granny Pat turning sixty-eight (all years young, of course), did more silly things with my kiddos than I did the month before, loved more, laughed more, cried more (mostly good tears), spent more time being thankful for what I have and less time asking for more than I need.

I always get excited to go to sleep in one month and wake up in the next, and this time is no different. January was beautiful, and I'm certain that February will be even more lovely. At least on the fourteenth. Get it? Lovely? :) We even get an extra day this year, yippee!

My prayer this month is that I give more. More of myself, my time, my heart, and anything else I have to offer, no matter how big or small. Especially when no one is watching. The second month of the year is quickly approaching, and I'm ready for all the adventures it will bring, both the ones I expect and the ones I don't.

Let's have some fun, February!

"To give life a meaning, one must have a purpose larger than one's self."
-Will Durant

1 comment:

  1. you never fail to make me wonder why i was blessed to have such an amazing best friend placed in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...