Thursday, August 16, 2012

faithfulness.

I love everything about the Lord. Even the stuff I don't understand is an incredible blessing to me. I don't know why Jesus chooses to give us all the wonderful things we don't deserve and withhold all the terrible things from us that rightfully should be ours, but it causes me to be in a state of constant gratitude and awe. I am the worst sinner, yet I'm granted grace and mercy at the start of each new day. I mess up more than I do things right, but He still chooses to use me. I praise Jesus for all of these things, because He is what God sees when He looks down upon me. I am covered in the blood of Christ, thus making me acceptable in my Father's sight. He scoops me up, with all my brokenness and shame intact, and calls me His child. I am His. And I am overwhelmed with thankfulness.

Lately, I've been invited to witness His faithfulness on a level that I've never seen it come to life before. The more I intercede for people, the more light I see in their lives. The more I confide in the Lord with the deepest, darkest places in me, the more I am freed. The more I trust Him and take Him at His word, the more I see the depths of my heart become purer. The more I beg for opportunities to share the love of Christ with the people my heart aches most for in this world, the more I am placed right in the middle of tough conversations. As I chase after the heart of God and keep my mind focused on things of above, I am reminded of just how faithful the Lord is. Overwhelmingly faithful. His faithfulness has gotten me through some of the most difficult seasons in my life, and I am confident that it will continue to abound in the days that follow.

I've seen a lot, but I haven't seen anything yet. He's just getting started. The more I seek, the more I find. He is faithful beyond what my small mind can begin to conceive, and I am so anxious to learn more and see more and experience more of the faithfulness of God as I continue to run my race. My soul longs for the day when I get to sit in the presence of his faithfulness for eternity, but He always reminds me of this transforming truth: I can do that now. Jesus granted me access to the entirety of my God and Father the moment He said "It is finished," and I have the ability to bask in that very same faithfulness even now. He never changes. He is the same yesterday, today, and all the days to come. My flesh tells me that I don't deserve it, and my soul agrees; my flesh just can't see the beauty in not being good enough.

Lord, may my eyes be opened to your never-ending faithfulness. May I be bold and audacious on account of your great love and great promise that you will never leave or forsake me. When I am fearful, may I be reminded that you've already gone ahead of me and defeated my enemies. When I am doubtful, may I be reminded that you are worthy of all my trust. And when I lose sight of my purpose, may you redirect my path so that it is aligned with yours once again. As I pray for favorable circumstances that enable me to tell others about the Living God who died to set me free, grant me courage and a heartfelt sincerity to lead them to the rock that is higher than I.

"You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing. The Lord is righteous in all his ways and faithful in all he does. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth."
-Psalm 145:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...