Wednesday, August 22, 2012

two stellar women.


Meet my baby sister, Melanie, and my best friend, Whitney. I'm beyond thankful for them on any given day, but on days like today, my thankfulness grows to an entirely different level. Ladies and gentlemen, today is their birthday! I wish that everyone could be blessed by their friendship and love, because they're that good at giving it out unselfishly. Melanie (better known as Melly) and Whitney (better known as best friend not bestie) are seriously two of the most incredible people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. And, lucky for me, I not only know them, but I get to walk through this life carrying them in my spirit every single day and hugging their necks whenever I get the chance. The Lord gave me more than I could ever possibly deserve by granting me a front row seat into their lives, and I pray that there never comes a day when they're not by my side. The endless love, wisdom, and encouragement each of them give me on a daily basis is the source of so much of my joy.

Happy TWENTY-FIRST birthday, Melly!
+
Happy TWENTY-THIRD birthday, best friend not bestie!

How perfect is it that these two gals share the same birthday? Honestly, this is one of my favorite days of the year for the simple fact that I praise Jesus for them even more than a typical day in the life of me, which is an outstanding amount. The Lord broke the mold when He created these two lovely ladies, who just so happen to be my very best friends, and I could scream it from the mountaintops on any ordinary day, especially on a day devoted completely to them.

"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ--to the glory and praise of God."
-Philippians 1: 9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...