Monday, January 6, 2014

day one.

Today, Mr. Bargeron will meet his very first students on his very first day as a math teacher at Dorman High School. His ministry begins as he tries to love the children (side note: that sounds so weird considering that I still consider myself a child) the way that Christ has loved him. His co-teachers are going to love working alongside someone who is so dedicated to everything that he does, the boys are going to want to be just like him, and all the girls are going to have a huge crush on him (don't worry, I'm sending my mug shot with him today, too, so they all know that his wife is cray-zee).

I ask that you join me in praying over him as he enters into a chapter of his life that he has never experienced before. Pray that his butterflies would lead him to embrace the Father's peace instead of avoiding a would-be miracle. Pray that John 13:35 would become his motto as he tries to love everyone he'll meet the same way that Jesus has loved him. Pray that doors would be opened for him to shine the light of Christ even in the darkest of times. Pray that excitement would overwhelm him so that he smiles all day long. Pray that his beautifully humble heart would be on display for all to see.


I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Dorman High School will never be the same. They don't know how blessed they are about to be! I can assure you that Mr. Bargeron will be loved + cherished by everyone who walks through his classroom door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...