Saturday, July 26, 2014

love from Haiti.

When TJ got home from spending a week in Haiti, I was blown away by all the pictures + video messages the kiddos had made for me while the team was there. He, also, said that every morning, nearly every kiddo asked where "Banana" was, because they thought I would surely be there by now. One of my precious older girls, Vanessa, approached Teesh when the team first arrived and very boldly + confidently told him that she had a dream that I would not be coming on this trip because I was pregnant. He played it off well in the moment (side note: I have NO idea how he did it!) + throughout the week as everyone (team members AND kiddos) drilled him on when we were going to have a baby. He told Vanessa just as they were about to depart from Port-de-Paix that she was right, and that Banana was, in fact, pregnant! Teesh said that she was so excited + screamed + jumped up and down.

As much as I wish I could have been there to tell the kiddos + Pastor Andy + Ma Pas our great news, I am so thankful that Teesh had the opportunity to share those irreplaceable moments with each of them. It won't be long before Mama B + Baby B will be back in Haiti, and I can't wait for the day that our precious bundle of joy meets the kiddos + staff who have become so much like family that my heart literally aches to be away from them.

Here is a little sneak peak of Vanessa sharing her dream with me alongside Fredliene!

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
-Jesus Christ (John 14:18) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...