Tuesday, February 27, 2018

then and now | plus two.

My arms have grown a whole lot in three years, and so has my heart. You guessed it -- the two little ones who call me Mommy are to thank for that.

My "first baby" looks more like his daddy every day, baseball hat and all, and I love watching him be so sweet to his baby sister. My "second baby" loves to snuggle and is starting to pay more attention to the things going on around her, especially her wild and crazy big brother.

When I first began this journey of motherhood, I had no idea how I would be so in love, so stretched, so tired, and so thankful. In just three years time, most of my expectations have been surpassed, in both the really good and the really difficult, and I'm slowly learning to just let things happen. I certainly don't have this thing figured out, but we get into a rhythm that fits our family more each day. The best things that have ever happened to Teesh and me are the ones who look to us for their daily needs, and we spend lots of time thanking God for so carefully crafting the plans He had (and still has) for us.

His plans -- though different than the ones we initially had for ourselves -- continue to unfold in beautiful, miraculous ways. I don't know that I'd be as grateful as I am today had we not walked through the fire with Him, so even for the fire -- yes, even when it burned and left scars -- we say thank you.

We will always, always say thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...