Tuesday, March 27, 2018

girls weekend | wilmington.

We'd been planning this weekend for about two months, and we couldn't wait to hit the road. This was their first time in Wilmington, so I got to play tour guide for a couple of days -- so much fun! I've considered myself an "honorary Marlar" for a while now, and this was such a fun treat for me to introduce Katee and Lindsay to so many beloved spots.

Our main motivation for this trip was a One Tree Hill convention that was going on this particular weekend, and our dreams came true when we got to stand between the Scott brothers for a few seconds (more on this later). Swoon! Moreover, this city is overflowing with sights and scenes from our beloved show, and it never gets old revisiting the sweetest spots over and over again -- especially when you get to experience the magic of someone's first time. We spent most of our time walking along Front Street more times than we could count, popping in for coffee at Port City Java whenever we felt like it, strolling along the Riverwalk admiring the beautiful views, and driving around to numerous filming locations to take it all in. We even met a new friend who drove in from Charlotte, and we got to act like a bunch of giddy school girls together -- both before and after our photo op.

We stayed the weekend with one of my college roomies and her husband, and they were SO hospitable towards us. It was icing on the cake to have time with them, talking until the wee hours of the morning both nights. We might have reminisced about our glory days and how old we’re getting, but that’s okay.  

This city will always call to me, even when I'm old and gray (which won't be long now). Some of the best highlights of my life have taken place here, and it really feels like I'm going home every time I cross over the bridge and see the Riverwalk off in the distance to my left. I think it will always feel this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...