Saturday, March 31, 2018

lakeside trail with two | hike it baby.

We had joined our Hike It Baby friends for a few strolls before this, but we ventured out for our very first trail hike with them last week since Bethany was born. The good news: no one died. The not so good news: Bethany cried for a lot of it. Whew! It was so good to be in the presence of mamas who "get it" and who didn't roll their eyes at me when she was screaming her head off. That's one of my favorite reasons why we love this little community so much -- we are here for each other, whether we've known each other for a year or a day. There is something so special about that -- and I certainly don't take it for granted.

A little over halfway through, though, she finally gave in and took a nap on my chest and that made for a peaceful rest of our trek. Her big brother hiked all two miles on his own two feet, and didn't ask to be held until we were about five minutes from our destination: the playground. Wahoo! That's one of the reasons this trail is at the top of my list -- the playground is such a great reward for our strong little hikers who just bravely wandered in the woods.

We have broken out of the house now that it's officially spring (disclaimer: I prefer to hibernate in winter). I'm hoping that the weather will start realizing that a new season is upon us soon, because I'm ready to feel the warmth of the sunshine all day long. Braxton was only eight months old when we went on our first hike with this special crew, and I got a little teary-eyed this trail thinking about how big he is now AND how we've got another little one adventuring along with us. Now more than ever, I'm so grateful to live in a place with so many beautiful sights right at our fingertips, and I hope our kiddos learn to appreciate it the way I have.

With every new hike in the coming weeks, a little more green will pop out around us. I can hardly wait to see the world come to life again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...