Saturday, July 14, 2018

halteron beach week | 2018.

It's been two weeks since we returned home from our week on the coast, and I'll be honest: I wish we could just live there. There is something about the ocean that breathes life into my weary soul -- it has since I was a little girl. The salty air does something to my soul, and the endless shore beckons humility in my core.

This was the third year we've ventured east with our best friends, and every year gets more fun. The boys splashed and played their hearts out, Bethany took it all in (just like I remember Braxton doing his first trip), and the grown ups even got to rest some, too. It was good for everyone, and we even had an extra reason to be thankful because Auntie Mel joined us for a few days. She is always the crowd favorite, and Braxton and Maddox didn't waste a minute with her. She even watched the little ones for an evening so that we could have a parents night out -- this was the night that dueling piano bars officially became my all-time favorite. So much fun!

The theme of our week was just plain ol', good-timin' fun.

We had perfect company, perfect weather, perfect everything. Well, except our kids -- but I guess if they were perfect then we'd never have good stories to tell. Traveling with kiddos gets a little easier each time -- not because they do, but because we get a little better at making realistic expectations. The chaos is just part of the fun, and the better we get at embracing it the more we can really appreciate every moment -- the good, the bad, and everything in between.

We may not be able to show them the world, but I hope we'll always show them as much as we are able. And that we'll let them live a little along the way.

Because what better way to live than alongside those who breathe life into you more than anyone else?
"Smell the sea, and feel the sky
Let your soul and spirit fly."
-Van Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...