Wednesday, October 24, 2018

pumpkin pickin' | her first.

We started the tradition of going to the pumpkin patch annually back in 2011, our first fall as husband and wife. Since then, we've taken eight trips to Stewart Farms in October -- adding a couple of members along the way. Braxton's first trip to the farm with us was in 2015, and this year we added a first to Bethany's story, too.

These two had so much fun that it was hard to peel them away from the rows of orange. Braxton was excited to pick out three pumpkins (one for him, one for Bethany, and one for Mommy and Daddy to share), and he took his job very seriously. Bethany was content to sit on my hip as we watched big brother search for the perfect ones, and TJ helped teach him what a perfect one was.

This was my favorite trip yet, and you can probably guess why. Man, is it fun to be a mama! I even brought my fancy camera (I know, you're so surprised...LOL), and my crew did what they do best: showed off their good looks and sweet personalities for the crazy camera lady. I could seriously eat them up! Especially that hunky man who they call Daddy. Just sayin'.

Our pumpkins are now nestled on our front porch, where they'll be until it's time to exchange orange for red and green. And I'm already daydreaming about the next time we go to the pumpkin patch. It really is the best showing our kids the world -- our world -- and teaching them just how big the little moments are. I hope they look back at these pictures in ten, twenty, thirty years, and let a big smile break through because they know this to be true: they've been intentionally loved from the very beginning.
There's no other place I'd rather be than with my people, the ones God gave me. No other place in the whole, wide world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...