Saturday, January 4, 2020

nyc // day two.

Disclaimer -- this was NOT my favorite day, and I'm sure you'll figure that out by my verbage. BUUUUUUUUUUUT it was still a great one!

Our second day in NYC started with an early alarm and a debut on the TODAY Show! We were only on-screen for a total of maaaaaaaybe two seconds, but standing out in the cold before the sun came up was totally worth it. Yep, even though we both groaned as we slowly peeled our achy bodies from the bed. LOL! Our walk to Rockefeller Center that early in the morning was so magical, too, because of how calm the city was.
The TODAY Show
Radio City Music Hall // Times Square // Rockefeller Tree // TODAY Show Set
The rush hadn't begun quite yet, so we were able to walk the streets nearly by ourselves and watch the city wake up and come to life. I'm glad we got this moment to remember, because the rest of the day was spent in a sea of people who either a) thought they were insta-famous or b) were only concerned with themselves. *insert eye roll here*

After breakfast at a cute little restaurant / bakery called Le Pain, we headed toward the Brooklyn Bridge with what felt like a million of our closest friends (yikes). After lots of touching and shoving and just trying to get one dang picture together on the bridge, we then thought it was a great idea to hop on a free ferry to Staten Island for a close view of Lady Liberty (again, yikes). I was barely able to see the dang thing and get one picture because of all the people taking 2973897891263 of the same pictures on their iPhones and iPads. You would have thought I asked a few of them to jump off the ship when I simply asked them if I could squeeze in for a quick picture of my own (LAWD).

True story: the Brooklyn Bridge and Statue of Liberty were absolutely beautiful.

Also a true story: people are cray cray.
Brooklyn Bridge
Le Pain // Statue of Liberty // Federal Hall // Brooklyn Bridge
Macy's
We ate lunch at Joe's Pizza (a cool spot where Spider-Man 2 was filmed years ago, and many celebrities have frequented), walked through the NY Public Library (swooooooon!), had dinner at Shake Shack in Times Square (another decision that involved being touched by lots of tourists who would knock you down for a dang picture, but delicious nonetheless), and then headed over to 34th Street to see Macy's lit up at night. When I saw "Believe" lit up on the side of the building, I nearly passed out. I turned into a little girl again and squealed in excitement! After hanging there for a bit, we tried to get into a place called The Liberty (a bar frequented by Clemson fans) to watch the game, and missed getting a spot by seconds. I didn't cry, buuuuuuut I wanted to!
Shake Shack // Empire State Building // Macy's // NY Public Library
Times Square
After logging another fifteen miles in the big city, we headed back to our room and watched the game on Teesh's phone alone. There were other spots we could've gone to watch it, but I was pretty much over this day once that door was closed in our faces. The straw that broke the camel's back, I suppose!

This day confirmed that 1) I'm not a typical tourist (well, in my own eyes at least, LOL), 2) I am a big fan of personal space, 3) I may be becoming more introverted than extroverted as I age (I know, I know - a crazy thought), and 4) I'd go anywhere with my man!

We crashed hard this night (after, you know, having a few heart palpitations during the game) and slept in the next morning (a miracle, y'all). If this had been our final day in the city, I would have been really sad. But since it wasn't, stay tuned for our final day comin' atcha tomorrow!
A list of all the noteworthy places we saw / visited on day two:
TODAY Show // Brooklyn Bridge // NY Public Library // NY Courthouse // Carlo's Bakery // Shake Shack // Joe's Pizza // Macy's // 34th Street

Next up...day three!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...