Tuesday, May 30, 2023

nashville // day one.

Today was...

a hotel breakfast
and a few hours with one of my oldest and dearest and truest friends
and tears as prayers while driving away from her and her husband
and welcome back hugs
and exploring the streets of Music City
and good food
and gratitude with every step
and more pictures than I’ll ever post because we don’t always know when we’ll want to relive a memory
and getting our steps in (and more)
and city views
and cultural experiences
and some tantrums along the way (kids and adults alike)
and pool / gym time to wind down
and shower concerts and giggles through the glass door
and falling asleep on Mommy while watching basketball
and a full heart



this trip was only planned and booked a couple weeks ago. I had my first tour of Nashville in 2014 when my beloved friend, Ellen, showed me all the highlights. this weekend, we came to simply hug her (and her husband) while they are in the trenches of heartache and fear and overwhelm and deferred hope.


so, yes. we had a wonderful day of introducing our kiddos to Nashville and we made some really good memories. but this trip is so much more than that. I don’t want to paint a picture that only shows smiles, and I pray my words help me say it with clarity.


walking along Broadway today, I had this thought: life is kind of like that street. there is so much beauty and character and history…and then there is just plain insanity.


thankful to have been here. thankful that love conquers all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...