Saturday, November 12, 2011

happy birthday, ol' red.

My mommy turned forty-six years young today, and if there is anything I want her to know on her birthday, it's how thankful I am for her. This lady and I don't see eye-to-eye on much. In fact, I'd probably guess that our opinions differ on most things we discuss (and even the things that we don't talk about). I think that's the beauty of our relationship, though. I learn from her and hopefully she learns from me a little, too. Yet, in all our opposing views and opinions, she's probably the one person in this whole world that I know without a shadow of a doubt that she'll be there for me. Not only is her heart the most forgiving heart I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, but she's also one of the most generous people on the planet. I love it when I walk outside from a hard day at work, and there she is, waiting for me to come out, because she's got a little surprise for me. I smile so big in those moments. :)

Mommy, you'll always be that light in my life that never goes away, even when I try to blow it out with all my might. I love you more than mere words could ever convey...plus some. Thank you for your willingness to make yourself available whenever I need something, whether it's big or small. Thank you for showing my how to be victorious in facing adversity and struggles. Thank you for giving me your smile and the best hugs.


November 12th is one of my favorite days of the whole year, and this lady right above is the reason for it. I couldn't love her more if I tried, and I'll always be proud of her...even when I disagree. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...