Wednesday, April 4, 2012

michal.

Seven days after I was born, a little girl was in the lower part of South Carolina into one of the best families the Lord ever created. Eighteen years later, we met and instantly became best friends. Honestly, I don't think I've ever fallen in love with a person more quickly. Her name was Mary-Michal Martin, but I almost instantly renamed her as Michal, pronounced Mickel. Our friendship evolved from what we called "girls state best friends" to real-life, I'd-do-anything-for-this-girl best friends. From family beach trips to days at the Columbia mall to weekends in LA to her standing beside me when I became a wife, she's been a constant in my life from the very first day I met her.

I am beyond blessed (and then some) to walk through life with this lady, and I can't even begin to imagine a day when I don't get to anymore.

happy birthday, Michal.
May this day and every day after be remarkably annointed and may the spirit of Jesus protect your every step. I love you more than my heart is even aware of, and I plan on only loving you more each day for the rest of my life. Thank you for being so supportive and encouraging and willing to give all you have to make sure I smile bigger than I've ever smiled before. Girls state is one of my happiest memories, and it's all because of YOU. :)


"In my friend, I find a second self."
-Isabel Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...