Monday, April 23, 2012

new bern.

My three best friends and I arrived in New Bern, North Carolina on Friday evening around five-thirty, after braving eight hours in the car. The traffic was not-so fantastic getting there, but the event that awaited us was worth every second we sat at those forsaken red lights. This little town was a precious bundle of homes and stores nestled side-by-side right on the water, and we all gasped as we pulled onto its streets (even in the midst of our hurry). Nicholas' hometown was cute as can be!


Our late afternoon wasn't only filled with beautiful scenery outside, but the view inside was pretty spectacular as well. One of my longest-running dreams came to life, and I am still cheesing over the fact that it really happened. May I present the beautiful and talented Bethany Joy Lenz:


We got to watch her and Amber Sweeney of Everly perform a short set, and then we sprinted across the ballroom (confession: they sprinted while Cait Cait helped me stumble) to be first in line for the meet-and-greet that followed. Those few seconds of chit-chat were a whirlwind, but I don't think I'll ever forget those butterflies in my stomach and how much my face hurt afterwards from smiling so big. I'm giddy even now, just thinking about it. It was a dream come true, plus some!

"The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives."
-Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...