Thursday, April 12, 2012

trust.

I heard a song today that reminded me to trust. Trust in his faithfulness, in his timing, in his sovereignty, in his love. To trust that he's always taking care of me, even though I never deserve it. I used to worry a lot about what was going to happen if I didn't try to have total control over it. I had a hard time being still, and I was convinced that I always knew what the right thing to do was at any given time. I would pray for the Lord's guidance, but many times I wouldn't pay any attention to it, even if I was watching it unfold before my very eyes. I'm guilty of that even now, but I have found that the harder I fall in love with my Creator, the easier it is to give him all my worries and cares. I am weak, but he is strong. Once you truly grasp the meaning of that phrase, your life won't ever be the same. It can't be. The moment that you join Team Jesus, you die to yourself and you become aware of things that you've never paid much attention to before, if any of it. Yet, while the world continues to rage on around you, some of which you're caught right in the middle of, there is peace. It can't really be described and there is nothing to compare it to. But it's there.

I don't fear the unknown, I embrace it. I embrace relying on my faith so heavily that I forget the cares of this world. I run from anything that exists to take my eyes from my Jesus. I commit myself to the Lord, whatever the path and whatever the cost.

That's what I pray I become, anyway. I've still got a long way to go, but I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. The day will never come when I've got it all figured out. But that pumps me up, because what a relief it is to know that I don't have to! He's got that one covered, and that's all right by me. The only thing I have to do is simple: trust.

I don't know where you'll take me, but I know you're always good.
-Paul Baloche

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...