Friday, October 4, 2013

home again.

Our flight from Miami landed in Charlotte a little after midnight, and we were greeted by three of the best people ever created. After talking their ears off for a little while, we left Caitlin to go to sleep, and I jumped in the car with Melanie and P. Sawyer. Teesh led the way ahead of us, and we pulled into our bungalow at 3:30 AM on Wednesday morning. Greenville was as beautiful as we remembered it being, and despite our heartache, we were happy to be home.

It's no secret that hiking is one of our favorite things to do together, and we continued that tradition after sleeping in on Wednesday morning. After our last trip in November, we hiked Falls Creek Trail, and we had the best time walking through His handiwork and pausing to read His Word and call out to Him for wisdom and guidance. Since both of us do our best healing out in creation, we decided to make it an after-trip tradition to spend some of our first day back each time doing just that. We walked through Lake Conestee Nature Park earlier this year, and we went back there again to explore some more of it. We were blessed by our time with each other and with Jesus, and we're thankful to have so much beauty around us to discover hand-in-hand.


"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.You may ask for anything in my name, and I will do it."
-John 14:12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...