Sunday, November 9, 2014

cruisin'.

Yesterday was a bittersweet day for the Bargerons, as we said farewell to our beloved Bane. We decided several months ago that selling our truck before Braxton is born was best for us + our future as a family, even though the thought of it made us sick. In honor of his last few hours with us, we took a drive up to the summit of Paris Mountain with the windows down + the sunroof open. Tears were most definitely shed, which may sound silly, but the memories made over the past seven years between the three of us made those tears inevitable. I can still remember standing outside at daddy + Shannon's house one afternoon when the most beautifully massive truck I'd ever seen rounded the corner. I had to do a double take, because I recognized the driver with my first glance. Sure enough, it was Teesh with his dad + mom riding with him in his brand new truck. His smile was so big as he was showing me his new I-graduated-high-school-and-I'm-off-to-college-in-style ride, and I could tell that his mom had been crying crocodile tears of pride because her + Troy were able to bless their son so incredibly. Memory Lane gets me every time, folks.


It was only fitting that we let him take us up the mountain one last time, and the sight that we beheld provided just the perspective we both needed in that moment. The adventures that await us will be better than anything we've ever known, and our moments in creation always confirm that. I'm thankful for all the memories we've made so far + excited about all the new ones that are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...