Friday, October 6, 2017

haiti | wall's guest house.

Two weeks ago, I had the incredible privilege to join two dear souls on a quick trip to Haiti. It was a wonderful five days, full of all our favorite things and people, and I'll never be able to adequately express my gratitude having gone on this particular trip. We travelled via a different airline/route than normal, which gave us the opportunity to stay in Port au Prince overnight instead of Fort Lauderdale/Miami. We spent most of our time resting, chatting, and exploring the grounds of Wall's International Guest House. Because of Hurricane Maria that had just blown through the Caribbean, we were the only guests there that night. We expected to be hanging out with other missionaries and have the chance to make some new friends from all over, but in true its-because-Anna-was-there fashion, plans changed. We did enjoy the peace and quiet, though!

It was also exciting to be able to FaceTime with TJ and Braxton from Haiti, something we've never had the opportunity to do before. Yay for WiFi! Seeing their faces a few more times before not hearing their voices for the few days that followed was just what my heart needed.

With baby girl on the way, it will be at least a couple of years before I get to see my Haiti family again, which is a big reason why I'm so grateful I got to go on this particular trip. There is always a takeaway (or a few) upon returning home, and I'm still sorting and praying through things that God revealed to me. Haiti has a way of stretching you, both while you're there and after you're back home, and I'm always better for having gone. This time, even though short, was no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...