Monday, October 9, 2017

mudroom | home sweet bargeron.

This room is one of my favorites in the whole house. Before we moved, I dreamed (and prayed) for a house with a laundry room that could double as a mud room to hang our items and store our most worn shoes, and I was giddy with joy when we discovered this sacred place during that first walk-through. The side door that leads out of this room is the one we most frequently use, as well as our visitors, and I looooove that. I've always liked the idea of entering through a door other than the front, because it makes the house feel more like a home. My Ma and Daddy and step-mom both had/have side/back doors that I've walked through more times than I can count, so that's probably where the brainwashing comes from.

The room is not totally complete, but it's mostly so (i.e. I still want to get baskets to put on the shelves to give it a "cleaner" look). Other than that, however, I love this space! We bought a window from Habitat Restore for $5 and four hooks from Lowe's to create the coat/backpack hanger you see below, and this was one of my favorite creations ever! I hot-glued some string to the sides, too, and we hang up our happy mail there for all to see. Below this piece is our hand-me-down shoe organizer that we added several navy cubbies to (again, I love a "tidy" look), and beside it is our monthly calendar that keeps TJ and me on the same page with all of our to-dos.

We bought a brand new washer and dryer when we moved in (because we didn't have any), and we looooove the grey color. As much as I do laundry (whew), these somehow make the near-daily chore much more bearable. The prints above them were created by one of my favorite small business owners (Gracelaced), and her stuff is found throughout our home.

Before the previous owners bought and updated this gorgeous house, this room was a screened-in porch and the washer/dryer was in the cellar below the house. They did such a great job switching rooms and reworking the layout of the house, and we're grateful to be the benefactors of all their hard work. So, so grateful.

Without further adieu, I proudly present our beloved mud room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...