Thursday, October 5, 2017

pretty place | hike it baby.

Two weeks ago, a dear friend I met within Hike It Baby and I toted our toddler dudes up to Rainbow Falls on our backs. One we got there, we had an inkling for more adventure, and we were curious about a particular off-shoot of the trail. We overheard a couple of guys who came from that direction talking about it, so I asked them how the terrain was. He was really nice, but when he noticed that the girl who was inquiring was toting a little dude on her back, he simply said, "It's really difficult. There are steep slopes and some areas where you have to climb a rope to get up. I don't think you'd make it carrying that extra load. *insert chuckle*"

That's all he had to say.

Hilary and I looked at each other as if to say "challenge accepted," and we recharged under the falls before blazing some more. I didn't take many photos during our trek up because of the obstacle course-like nature of this particular trail, but boy, was it an adventure! After finishing the trail portion, we walked down the road about half a mile before reaching the chapel. It was worth every huff and puff. Oh, was it ever! Our boys laughed and played and jumped from the steps and "read" the plaques around the half-moon. All four of us were in heaven, even after our pleasant trip came to an abrupt stop (our little secret) and we began the trek back down the mountain.

Ten miles and eight hours later, we arrived safely back to our car. Whew! This wasn't on our bucket list before we were in the middle of it, but we were both so thankful that we took the challenge. It was the perfect day with the perfect company, and our boys even behaved after being carried for so long. Hallelujah!

I don't know if I'll ever do this particular hike again, but I sure am glad that I've at least done it once in my lifetime. Such a fun, exhausting, exhilarating adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! You go and show Mr. Chuckles ;) Congrats on the accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...