Tuesday, September 25, 2018

raven rock trail | hike it baby.

It had been more than two years since we adventured on this particular trail, so I was determined to make it happen this month. The view of Lake Keowee that you hike to is so beautiful, even if it does make you wish you could just jump in and hitch a ride on someone's boat. Getting there, however, is a moderate trek through Keowee-Toxaway State Park that will make you huff and puff during specific stents. This was Braxton's first time blazing this trail on his own two feet, and it was...interesting. Everyone who hiked with us experienced some kind of drama during our time beneath the trees, and by the end of it all we could do was laugh -- mainly to keep from crying. Mamas, y'all feel me?

Bethany was happy the whole time, humming in my ear and looking all around to see what we'd pass next. Braxton, on the other hand, was mostly whiney as we moved forward towards our destination, and I had to keep reminding myself that his legs are so strong to only be three years old -- he's such a tough boy, and it's easy to lose sight of that when my nerves are being messed with (#realtalk). All three of us (well, four when Daddy is able to join) grow in countless ways while we're on the trail -- me, specifically, in patience, healthy pride for my kids, competence, perspective, confidence, endurance, healthy expectations, gentleness, and so much more.

I hope my kiddos grow by watching their mama grow. And I hope they learn to give themselves, and others, grace by watching her do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...