Monday, November 19, 2018

dirty thirty | happy birthday, Teesh!

My man is thirty years old today!

This past year has been full of fun, freedom, our fair share of trials, and just plain ol' fullness. And this man has gracefully walked through all of it strong and humble, like he always does. I shared over the summer how this has been our toughest year in terms of being married with trying to adjust to our family dynamic changing, our schedules ever increasing, and more. He and I view the world differently, too, which is honestly our strongest quality as a unit: he sees the tiny details, and I see the big picture. You can see how this could also be a stumbling block in our lives, namely when we're not individually in healthy states. When we are working together, though, we're unstoppable.

I don't say that to boast or brag by any means, but I say it with a whole lot of gratitude. The phrase we use most often in our house (and have successfully brain-washed Braxton to say, too) is "team work makes the dream work." When we work as a team, we made strides towards our God-given dreams. He and I ring different strengths and weaknesses to the table, but they always compliment each other so well that it often blows my mind.

He is driven and determined. He insists on doing things the right way, no matter how much longer it takes. He is the master of organization and hates to be the center of attention. He is dependable and compassionate. He goes above and beyond his duties, sometimes to a fault. He is the best daddy (I know everyone says that, but this guy here is the real deal) and he sacrifices daily for the good of his family. He is an excellent teacher and patient with everyone he meets. His integrity is unmatched, and he is constantly trying to improve at everything he does.

Basically, he may not be a perfect man in the world's eyes, but he is certainly the perfect man for me.

I've known it since I was a young teenager, and I've learned it better as I've grown in age and wisdom. It sounds silly, but our life is pretty much summed up in a Brad Paisley song, because I definitely thought I loved him then. Roll your eyes or gag (I know some of you will), but it's true -- and I ain't ashamed a bit!

Thirty years ago, my world changed before I was even born. That's because thirty years ago, the man that would become my greatest love on earth took his first breath. And today I celebrate him with all my heart, my soul, and my strength. Yes, even though he has a nervous tendency to be awkward when we take photos together.

That just makes him...him, right?
All photos taken by our precious and ohs-so-talented EmilieCarol Photography!
Happy birthday to my man, the one who deserves celebrating every single day!
To know him is to love him, and I'm so grateful to be the leading lady in his life. There's no one better in the whole, wide world than my Teesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...