Thursday, June 1, 2023

nashville // a true friend.

 I’ve (mostly) made peace with the fact that most friendships are not for a lifetime. very few are lasting but the majority last for a season. I’m grateful that this one is a lifer.


she has begged us for over a year to come visit, and we didn’t have the bandwidth or capacity to say yes. now that we’re here, I would go back and take back every single no if I could. life is precious. time is not guaranteed. why we spend so much of our life trying to fit into spaces where we are unwanted or not valued is a mystery to me.


the circumstances that brought us here this weekend are not my story to tell, but I must say this (first to myself and then to you): say yes to the people who love you as often as you are able. real love invites you to lay down your striving and find rest.

from elementary school and beyond, sharing each other’s faith in every season.

oh, how I love my Ellen.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...