Sunday, June 3, 2012

ma.

On this day in 1923, the Lord hand-crafted his most beautiful creation. Her name was Marcella Smith Henderson, but she was known to everyone as "Girlie." To me, however, she was and will always be "Ma." My Ma. Our Ma. The best lady to ever walk with earth, and the only person I've ever known that could dry my tears in an instant. If it weren't for Ma while I, along with my younger siblings, were growing up, I don't have a clue where I would be. Some people say that as a sentiment, but I say it with every ounce of honesty inside of me. She saved me more times than I can count, loved harder than anyone, hugged you all the way to your soul, smiled the most genuine smile,  and never let anyone feel like less than the most precious and prized person on the planet. Most of the things that I am today came from her, and everything inside of me screams of thankfulness.

June 3rd is my favorite day of the entire year, and even through the dozens upon dozens of tears that I'm certain I will cry, and have already gotten started on crying, I will look up and smile and thank Jesus for lending me his best gal for the first seventeen years of my life.


Happy birthday, Ma.
I don't think you could possibly be loved more. Thank you for always standing by our sides and defending us until you were blue in the face. Thank you for being so strong for us when everyone else was crumbling. Thank you for that crooked smile and your cute little giggle that made your whole body shake. Thank you for teaching me how to love with all your heart and soul and spirit and mind. Thank you for being my angel on earth first, and my angel in heaven now and forever. Be sure and tell Jesus we all said hi. :)

p.s. I love you. <3


"Be an angel to someone else whenever you can, as a way of thanking God for the help your angel has given you."
-Eileen Elias Freeman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...