Wednesday, September 12, 2012

three.

Three years ago on this day, the twelfth of September, I got to have a front row seat at witnessing Savannah and A-Dub become one. Today breaks my heart into a million pieces as she celebrates her anniversary without Andy, but it also forces me to smile through my tears as I think back on the light he had in his eyes when he looked at her, especially on that beautiful September evening. If A-Dub was anything, it was loving, and Savannah got to experience that like never before throughout their time on this earth together.

My hope is that we are all able to be thankful and blessed on such a terribly sorrowful day. It is my sincerest prayer that Savannah will be filled with the Spirit like never before as she recalls all the memories they made together, and that she will be granted mercy as she misses him more today than usual. Heartache is the worst kind of ache there is, but I am claiming the faithfulness of Christ over her on this day, believing that she will be comforted and her heart will be put back together by the One who created it.


Lord Jesus, if Matthew 5:4 were ever true, I am begging for it to be so today. Wrap your arms around her aching heart, and give her your righteous comfort as she does her best to make it through today. Show her how much you love her, Father, and may she respond to Your presence that surrounds her. Turn her mourning into gladness and sorrow into rejoicing.

"Oh heart, if one should say to you the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains."
-Kahlil Gibran

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...