Monday, July 8, 2013

yardsalin' on brookdale.

The twenty-ninth of June marked our second yard sale in our efforts to raise money for our upcoming trip to Haiti. Our front yard was overflowing with all sorts of items, all of which were donated to us by several precious family members and friends. The Lord showed out, yet again, and we raised a total of $503! FIVE HUNDRED AND THREE DOLLARS! I hope you're screaming with me! Within the five hours of us being out there, we only had a couple items left by the very end of it; we, then, placed the remains on the side of the road with a sign that invited anyone to take what they wanted. 

We had beautiful weather, incredible customers, and some really great conversations about the purpose of our yard sale. My out-of-this-world mother-in-law, Angie, surprised us by showing up early to help set things up, people asked a lot of questions, and many of them even wrote down the website for my blog so they could follow our journey. We were overwhelmed with generosity from several different people, some of which handed us checks and cash just because. Nine days later, and I'm still thanking Jesus for everything that happened on that sunny Saturday morning.

Documentation of the progression of that glorious morning, anyone?

The beginning:

The middle:

The end:

The only items left:

With our yard sale amount added into our total amount raised, we're more than eighty percent funded. We have been granted so much favor during this preparation season, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't out-of-my-mind excited to see how our God continues to blow us away with His faithfulness and provision. To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...