Thursday, January 8, 2015

third trimester progress | 38.

What I'm about to say blows my mind, and I think it will blow yours, too. We are officially in SINGLE DIGITS in our countdown to Baby B's due date! Say whaaaaat? It feels like we just made our big announcement yesterday, but it was six months ago. We're both ready for him to be here, and our families are, too (as indicated by the immediate "Is everything okay!? Are you in labor?!" response I get every time I call them). I love hearing the excitement-mixed-with-anxiety I hear in their voices when they answer, and I seriously can't wait to watch their faces become overwhelmed with joy when they see him + hold him for the first time.

We had our 38-week checkup on Tuesday afternoon, and the doctor confirmed the following: 1) Braxton's head is wayyyy down + 2) he is a feisty little thing (evidenced by his kicking the doctor as he felt around for his arms, legs, back, and booty) + 3) he's a "big boy" (I'm not exactly sure if that means in general or simply in comparison to me) + 4) effacement has begun and is almost complete + 5) the best strategy to get him to come out is just to simply wait for him to be ready + 6) Zantac is a miracle-worker, and I wish I'd known just how great it would be weeks ago when I first began breathing fire (pregnant girls, y'all take note of that). Patience isn't exactly my favorite thing (let's be honest, none of us particularly enjoy waiting), but I'm all for anything that will give us a healthy baby boy!

My contractions have gotten a little closer together + a little stronger, but nothing that has made a lasting impression so far. I'm drinking ice cold water like a crazy woman these days (even more than usual, which is pretty insane if you know me), constantly running to the bathroom as a result, and walking around the neighborhood most days. Hopefully we won't be waiting too much longer! We get more + more ready for him to be here every day!

Wednesday, January 7th
Week 38 + Day 4
Baby B is the size of a watermelon.
*About seven pounds!

It's hard to believe that he has grown from the size of a blueberry when we first started documenting to the size of a watermelon, and it legitimately blows my mind to retrace these past months that have gone by so fast. Mama B is quite uncomfortable these days, but I'm still smiling + rejoicing because this is the most beautiful version of uncomfortable I've ever known. This once-in-a-lifetime season of being pregnant with my firstborn child is almost over, and I'm savoring every single moment I have left of it.

The countdown to Baby B's due date: 9 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...