Wednesday, October 7, 2015

glassy mountain | our first HiB adventure.

It's no surprise to most people I know that one of my favorite things to do is hike. Blazing through different trails is something I have found to be a great way to disconnect with the world around me (i.e. all the distractions) while reconnecting with what really matters, such as fresh air and people who mean a lot to me. TJ and I began hiking together just before our first anniversary, and it quickly became a beloved tradition that is still going strong. Braxton loves bumping along in his carrier on one of our backs, too, and he usually talks a good bit + takes in all the things around him as we trek towards our destination. A few months after B was born, a friend of mine introduced me to a group of fellow hiking-obsessed folks known as Hike it Baby, and Greenville even has its own branch (heck yes!). I've been wanting to go on a hike with this group for a while, but it just hadn't worked out yet for numerous reason - until yesterday, that is. The clouds parted + the sun came out yesterday for the first time in a week, our Tuesday morning + afternoon was completely open, and it was the perfect opportunity to celebrate the end of cabin fever at the bungalow with some time in my happy place.

B, myself, and five other mamas + their babes met at the Glassy Mountain trailhead in Flat Rock, NC to begin the hike, and we ended right back where we started from a little over three miles later. I'd never met any of these ladies before, but our shared passion for the great outdoors + our little boys made for a quick transition from strangers to friends. I can assure you that this won't be the last time that Braxton + I explore alongside of fellow Hike it Baby-ers! This was our first adventure on the trails without Da-da, which was a little sad, but he was excited to hear all about the fun we had + see all the pictures I took when he got home.

The trees were just beginning to change colors, I was grinning from ear to ear as I drove through the curvy mountain roads, my prayers were simply "Thank you, Jesus" the whole time we trekked, and being in the presence of other mamas who enjoy the same hobby as me was a big reason for those prayers that I was praying. I'll be honest - it stung a little bit to pass by Skytop Orchard not once but TWICE without stopping, buuuuuut I couldn't do that to Teesh. Let's just say I hope I get to go back to this beautiful place soon!

So, without further ado, here are the scenes from that time that a handful of moms ruled the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...