Tuesday, April 3, 2018

our easter bunnies.

This was our best, sweetest Easter yet, because now we have TWO babies to dress up and tell about Jesus' great love for them. Braxton basically looked like a teenager, and his new haircut helped him look so grown up. I let him pick out his own shirt this year, and he went for bright and vibrant, just like I'd hoped he would. Bethany, on the other hand, didn't have a say in her outfit, but she sure was cute! I love soft pink, so to have her dolled up in it made me swoon!

Sundays are more chaos than rest for us since I started leading worship every week, and Teesh always does such a great job of getting the kiddos dressed and ready for church without me -- this week was no different. He made sure Braxton's hair was slicked over the way it was supposed to be, and he made sure not to forget Bethany's bow. He even brought my camera on a tripod to church, too, so we could take a family picture before the kiddos had enough time to ruin their outfits. He's the MVP of Sundays, and I am so, so thankful for him!

After church, we ate lunch with my family and then spent the rest of the afternoon resting. We spent some time out on the back porch, chatted with Braxton a couple of times about what Easter is all about, watched Ferdinand (Braxton's Easter gift from Mimi + Pops), and then went to bed with full hearts and smiles on our faces.

The weather was perfectly perfect, and so was every part of this day. Don't you just wish that days like this would last and last?

And see that pretty dress Bethany wore on Easter Sunday? That was mine when I was a wee little babe. What a treasure for my daughter to wear something that my own mama once dressed me in. Our beloved EmilieCarol snapped this picture of Bethany's first mama holding this to her belly when we took maternity pictures together last year, and I can't tell you the joy it gave me to see her in it. The most special hand-me-down!
I sincerely hope that your day was just as special as ours was!

We've got so much to be thankful for, much more than a single day will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...