Sunday, December 5, 2010

the Martin wedding weekend extravaganza, round two.

 professional stand-in bride, at your service.

 house divided. welcome to South Carolina, ladies and gentlemen.

friendships can be divided too, ya know. good thing this is one of our only disagreements.

a weekend spent with my best friend Mary-Michal Boyette Martin. goodness gracious, it was pure bliss!

the night before they became Mr. and Mrs. YAY!

reading her sweet letters from Ben on the morning of the big day. he wrote her a hand-written letter every day during the week before the wedding day. SO sweet.

 absolutely stunning. she was BEAUTIFUL in this dress.

 it isn't possible for me to love this girl anymore than I already do. I don't know what I would do without my Michal.

cutting their cake as HUSBAND and WIFE. wahooooooooooo!

 everything about this wedding was SO Sarah. and, not to mention, breath-takingly gorgeous.

 see what I mean? breath-taking.

 get it, Ray.

pure elegance.

Ben and Sarah are now married. I got to hang out with my best friend and her wooooonderful family for three whole days. I didn't catch the bouquet, but only because I didn't have to this go around. I got to wear pretty dresses. I reminisced about the past three months of being a soon-be-Mrs., myself, and realized how fast time is flying by. I shed several tears over the course of the weekend; something about weddings just tug on my heart strings. I snagged my second husband, in hopes that Teesh will be my lucky charm the third time around. I got to dream about how fancy and I get to have a day just like Sarah and Ben's in just seven months, one week, and three days. I got to meet Daddy at a truck stop for a few minutes on the way back to Greenville to get a big bear hug. I got to have a long, much-needed phone date with Emilie Carol. And I got to eat dinner with Teesh at Zaxby's and give him all the goodies that the lovely Donna Martin packed up for him. It was a blissful weekend, indeed.

Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Gibson! :)

"Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be." -Robert Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...