Wednesday, April 6, 2011

dare you to move.


That, my friends is my most favorite scene out of all the millions of scenes over the past eight seasons. It's just so stinkin' sweet and full of raw emotion and makes everyone watching it feel little butterflies fluttering around in their bellies.


I can remember watching the episode for the first time with TJ sitting to my right, and I was so mad when Nathan blew her off in front of his friends. I was literally screaming at the TV, which is actually hilarious because Teesh and I hadn't been dating long at this time [pretty sure he had to love me all the way back then, because he totally would have run away screaming otherwise]. He didn't run, but he did look at me like I was crazy. I also remember tearing up when Nathan was apologizing to Haley for being so mean to her and then kissed her, mainly because I'm a girl, but also because it immediately made me think of mine and TJ's first kiss.

I was [and still am] very modest and picky, so by the time the eighth episode finally rolled around, Teesh and I had been dating for a little over two months and had only kissed twice [one of which happened before we started dating. I know, I like to live on the edge]. It's actually kind of cute, because I also remember it was the night before his fifteenth birthday, and I had already planned to put my nerves aside and give him an early birthday kiss--I guess Mark Schwann wanted to make sure I stuck to the plan. ;)

That was nearly eight years ago. Holy smokes, that just absolutely blows my mind. Call me lame, I don't care, but I promise you that Teesh and I are the real-life Scotts. I think my favorite part of our relationship is that it's so similar to the "fairy tales" you read about in books and see in movies and TV shows, but it's legitimately happening to us. We get to live it. I hope I never get tired of thanking the Lord for the one-in-a-million story he chose to give to us. I love our story. And I love that in 101 days, we get to begin a whole new chapter in our storybook.

I can't wait to share it with our little munchkins one day, and then tell our grandbabies all about it, too. Maybe I'll even write it down some day, so I'll always have it right at my fingertips. :)

"I don't think anybody understood the love I had for you; because if they did they would have ever doubted us..."
-Nathan Scott

1 comment:

  1. NOT MAKING FUN.

    i love every word of this.

    and you and TJ.

    ahhhh i miss the old episodes--might need to have a marathon missy!!

    <3 you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...